Download a copy of my CV here: CV Firchow 2022
You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
PUBLICATIONS IN THE MEDIA
How Photography can Build Peace and Justice in War-Torn Communities. The Conversation (September 2021)
Trash is Piling Up in Rural Colombia – That’s a bad Sign for Peace. Political Violence at a Glance (July 2, 2020)
What Afghan Women (and Men) Really Want. Foreign Policy Magazine (May 9, 2019)
Colombia’s long-term peace may depend on support for the Truth Commission.Washington Post, Monkey Cage (February 4, 2019)
PEER REVIEWED PUBLICATIONS
- Firchow, P. & Y. Selim (2022). Meaningful Engagement from the Bottom-Up? Taking Stock of Participation in Transitional Justice Processes. International Journal of Transitional Justice. https://doi.org/10.1093/ijtj/ijab031
- Firchow, P. & M. Gellman, eds. (2021). Collaborative Methodologies: Why, How, and for Whom? PS Political Science & Politics. doi:10.1017/S1049096521000330
- Levy, N. & P. Firchow (2021). Measuring Peace from the Bottom-up with the Pasto Indigenous Group in Nariño, Colombia. PS Political Science & Politics. doi:10.1017/S1049096521000275
- Cole, E. & P. Firchow. (2019). Reconciliation Barometers: Tools for Post-Conflict Policy Design. International Journal of Transitional Justice.
- Firchow, P. and R. Mac Ginty. (2017) Including hard to access populations using mobile phone surveys and participatory indicators. Sociological Methods and Research, DOI: 0049124117729702.
- Firchow, P. (2017) Do Reparations Repair Relationships? Setting the Stage for Reconciliation in Colombia. International Journal of Transitional Justice. Vol. 11, Issue 2: 315-338.
- Firchow, P. and R. Mac Ginty (2017) Measuring Peace: Comparability, Commensurability and Complementarity using Bottom-Up Indicators. International Studies Review. Vol. 19, Issue 1: 6-27.
- Firchow, P. and C. Martin-Shields (2017) PeaceTech Symposium: The Liminal Spaces for Technology in Peacebuilding. International Studies Perspectives. Vol. 18, Issue 1: 4-42.
- Firchow, P. and R. Mac Ginty (2017) The practicalities and ethics of mobile phone surveys in conflict-affected contexts. International Studies Perspectives. Vol. 18, Issue 1: 4-42.
- Mac Ginty, R. and P. Firchow. (2016). Everyday Narratives in World Politics. Politics doi: 10.1177/0263395715622967
- Firchow, P. (2014). The Implementation of the Institutional Program of Collective Reparations in Colombia. Journal of Human Rights Practice. Vol. 6, Issue 2: 327-355
- Firchow, P. (2013). Must our Communities Bleed to Receive Social Services? Development Projects and Collective Reparations Schemes in Colombia. Journal of Peacebuilding & Development, 8:3, 50-63.
- Firchow, P. and Mac Ginty, R. (2013). Reparations and Peacebuilding: Issues and Controversies. Human Rights Review, Vol. 14, Issue 3: 231-239.Firchow,
- Firchow, P. and Mac Ginty, R. eds. (2013). Special Section entitled “Reparations and Peacebuilding.” Human Rights Review, Vol. 14, Issue 3: 231-289.
- Firchow, P. (2013). A Cuban Spring? The use of the Internet as a tool of democracy promotion by USAID in Cuba. Information Technology for Development. Vol. 19, Issue 4: 347-357.
- Firchow, P. (2015). The Role of Power, Resistance and Protest in Shaping Contemporary Argentine Domestic Policies. Latin American Perspectives, Vol. 42, No. 1: 74-83.
- Firchow, P. (2007). Social Protest in Argentina: Strategies, Conflicts and Forms of Interaction with the State. Journal for the Study of Peace and Conflict. 2006-2007 Annual Edition, pgs. 37-49.
- Firchow, P. (2005). ‘New’ War Theory: Does the Case of Colombia Apply? The Journal of Peace, Conflict and Development, 7, 32-58.